- What do I want to name the fund?
- Do I want the fund to last into perpetuity (endowed)?
- Do I want to target a particular field of study?
- Do I care what college the student desires to attend?
- Do I care which high school the student attends?
Donors who desire to establish a fund can contact The Community Foundation. The office staff are able to answer questions and help donors achieve their scholarship objectives. TCF staff will then prepare an agreement, and the Fund is created. There is no need to establish a separate entity or trust account to handle this type of fund. Donations to Funds at The Community Foundation are considered charitable and are fully deductible from federal income tax. (Be sure to consult your professional tax advisor.)
Click here to view a Sample Scholarship Fund Agreement.
Contact Paul Urban in The Community Foundation office via phone (830)896-8811 or click here to email Paul to set up a scholarship fund or to ask questions.