Grants

The Community Foundation of the Texas Hill Country’s aim is to improve the quality of life for area residents. We work hard to be good stewards of the resources entrusted to our care and strive to make grant decisions that not only promote solutions to community challenges, but also build the capacity of nonprofits to collaboratively partner with others to improve the quality of life.

 

In 2019, the Community Foundation granted $1.7 million divided among 504 organizations; they were categorized as:

Arts & Heritage $112,067 8%
Religion $128,220 9%
Basic Human Needs $165,250 10%
Scholarships $215,625 13%
Community Benefit $306,147 18%
Youth Development $705,607 42%

 

Of the $1.7 million, 77% was advised by Community Foundation donors who have funds held at the Foundation. The remaining 23% was recommended by Foundation’s Board of Trustees and its staff.

 

For 2020, the Community Foundation will continue to make grants, as advised by its donors and fundholders. Through March 31, donors have advised $1 million in grants to local organizations.

 

Traditionally, the Foundation has also offered an annual competitive grant cycle called the Community Impact Fund. This opportunity has accepted applications from qualified nonprofits, has reviewed them by volunteer committee, and has awarded grants.

 

This year is different, and the Community Foundation has decided to use the Community Impact Fund to make proactive grants to local organizations providing the essential needs of food and healthcare to local residents. The Fund’s $126,000 in available grant dollars will be distributed in such a manner.

 

There will be no competitive application process for the Community Impact Fund in 2020. All of the Fund’s available grant dollars ($126,000) will be awarded to food pantries, elder care organizations, family violence shelters, and clinics offering healthcare to low-income individuals and families. Once those grants are made, they will be published here.

Nonprofits Menu