Fredericksburg Chapter - Sisterhood for Good
- Total grant monies awarded: $160,219 in just 6 years!
- Over 100 women have participated since inception in 2017
- 2022 Grant Recipient: Hill Country CASA
- 2021 Grant Recipients: The Good Samaritan Center & HC Community Needs Council
- 2020 Grant Recipient: The Grace Center of Fredericksburg
- 2019 Grant Recipient: Fredericksburg ISD Education Foundation
- 2018 Grant Recipient: MOM Center
- 2017 Grant Recipient: The Golden Hub/Meals on Wheels
Two chapters of Sisterhood for Good exist in the Hill Country with funds managed by the Community Foundation. The Fredericksburg and Kerrville chapters operate separately, but will follow a similar format:
- January 23 - Dessert Dash at St. Joseph's Halle, open to all women (6-8pm)
- February 14 - Deadline to purchase a 2023 membership (individual or group)
- March 20 - Bingo Night and voting to determine nonprofit grantee(s)
- April ??? - Philanthropy Finale event at Baron's CreekSide (Date TBA)
Join or Renew
Memberships are for individuals or for groups of 2 to 4 women and $1,000. Each membership gets one vote in determining the nonprofit grantee. For example, a sole membership costs $1,000 and the indiviual gets to have one vote in all proceedings. In a group membership, the women in the group share the $1,000 membership donation AND the one vote.
Join us in strengthening nonprofits by purchasing your membership on or by March 7, 2022. Remember, if it is a group membership, include the names of the other members in the "Notes' box.
Check out the 2021 wrap-up video!