Fredericksburg Chapter - Sisterhood for Good
- Total grant monies awarded: $98,250 in just 4 years!
- Over 100 women have participated since inception in 2017
- 2020 Grant Recipient: The Grace Center of Fredericksburg
- 2019 Grant Recipient: Fredericksburg ISD Education Foundation
- 2018 Grant Recipient: MOM Center
- 2017 Grant Recipient: The Golden Hub/Meals on Wheels
2021 Nonprofit Grant Cycle
Two chapters of Sisterhood for Good exist in the Hill Country with funds managed by the Community Foundation. The Fredericksbug and Kerrville chapters operate separately, but follow a similar format:
- The annual membership drive formally begins in January and continues until the announced deadline.
- Nonprofit agencies submit grant applications for review.
- Members narrow the pool of applicants to three (5) semi-finalists.
- Zoom interviews of each semi-finalist are presented to the larger membership. (New for 2021)
- Members vote to award grant monies.
Each Sisterhood for Good chapter follows a simple giving model. 75% of each membership goes directly to funding grants, while 25% goes to the group's endowed fund. Sponsorships fund operating and event expenses. The membership decides which grantees to fund. Grants to local nonprofits provide opportunities to help all area residents lead healthier, happier and more satisfying lives.
MORE MEMBERS > MORE GRANTS > GREATER IMPACT
2021 Grant Criteria
Any woman is invited to join Sisterhood for Good. Each annual membership costs $1,000. A membership consists of 1-4 women, sharing the cost of the membership. Members may participate at the level that best suits their schedule. Attend the events, or simply write your check and cast your vote (online).