What is Sisterhood for Good?
Sisterhood for Good (SFG) encourages and empowers women to accomplish purposeful change in the Hill Country through grants to local nonprofits. Our goal is to be the premiere engine of philanthropic action in our community. No fancy parties, no huge time commitments, just a way to meet new people and affect worthwhile change in our community!
Two chapters of Sisterhood for Good exist in the Hill Country with funds managed by the Community Foundation. The Fredericksbug and Kerrville chapters operate separately, but follow a similar format:
- The annual membership drive formally begins in January and continues until the announced deadline.
- Nonprofit agencies submit grant applications for review.
- Members narrow the pool of applicants to five (5) semi-finalists.
- Zoom interviews of each semi-finalist are presented to the larger membership. (NEW for 2021)
- Members vote to award grant monies.
Each Sisterhood for Good chapter follows a simple giving model. 75% of each membership goes directly to funding grants, while 25% goes to the group's endowed fund. Sponsorships fund operating and event expenses. The membership decides which grantees to fund. Grants to local nonprofits provide opportunities to help all area residents lead healthier, happier and more satisfying lives.
MORE MEMBERS > MORE GRANTS > GREATER IMPACT
Join or Renew
Any woman is invited to join Sisterhood for Good. Each annual membership costs $1,000. A membership consists of 1-4 women, sharing the cost of the membership. Members may participate at the level that best suits their schedule. Attend the events, or simply write your check and cast your vote (online).